Applications can be done at home / or from outside the school at www.pvnccdsb.on.ca no later than 12:00
p.m. on the closing date outlined above.
Please forward by cover letter and resume indicating qualifications, as well as:
Proof of Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators & Pastoral Care Reference
to Jordan Busch, Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org Fax Number 705-748-9563. Applications will only be accepted through this website and for those including all the documents outlined above. Please fax or email any attachments.
Any questions can be addressed at email@example.com or 1-800-461-8009 Ext. 283.
Work in collaboration with the teacher to plan and provide effective play-based education in an environment to support enhanced learning and cognitive, physical, emotional and social development during the regular school day. May also continue appropriate supervision and programming for students in an extended day program.
Registered Early Childhood Educator
1. Partner with the teacher to implement and plan developmentally appropriate activities to build skills in literacy, numeracy and cognition
2. Work in collaboration with the teacher to implement the curriculum to address children’s individual needs, stages of development and interests
3. Observe, monitor assess and adjust the classroom environment to enhance developmental needs.
4. Assist children in washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities.
5. Report to parents and principals on children’s developmental progress within healthy, safe, nurturing and
developmentally enhanced play environments
6. Provide age appropriate programming for groups of students as part of an extended day program as
required to include:
• Provision of supervision
• Providing direction to assistant if present
• Ensuring a healthy and safe environment for students, with diverse activities to engage students and build social competence, emotional maturity, literacy, numeracy and physical skills
• Maintaining all appropriate records for students (e.g. attendance, health issues, etc.)
• Setting up of classroom (e.g. display, upkeep, organization of materials, etc.)
• Maintaining a hygienic/safe environment
7. Attend staff meetings and other professional development activities
8. Administer medication in accordance with Board Policy and Administration Regulations; AP-HS-401 Administration of Medication and/or Special Services.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Requires O.S.S.D., (plus Early Childhood Education Diploma) with a minimum of six months experience an educational setting
2. Proof of registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
3. Knowledge of Ministry of Education full day Early Learning Program
4. Experience planning and implementing age-appropriate programs
5. Current First Aid and CPR certification
6. Basic computer skills
7. Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
8. Requires knowledge of related legislation and pertinent Board policies and directives such as, but not limited to Administration of Medication and/or Special Services
9. Requires performing physical duties such as lifting, carrying, extended periods of time walking/standing.
10. Proven ability to deal with difficult situations and to take appropriate action in stressful or emergency situations
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board is an equal
opportunity employer. We take pride in our fair hiring practices. The Board will make necessary
accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support participation in the recruitment process. Please
contact Human Resource Services if you require assistance.